Kyle & Lochalsh Community Trust (KLCT) has launched a community fund to support organisations in Lochalsh with small grants of up to £50.
The fund is particularly targeted at groups that have been impacted by Covid-19. Organisations with a constitution and bank account, working in any of the 7 community council areas of Lochalsh (Kyle, Plockton & District, Lochalsh, Dornie & District, Stromeferry & Achmore, Loch Duich, Glenelg & Arnisdale) can apply.
Kyle & Lochalsh Community Trust grant will be allocated on a first come first served basis to groups that meet the criteria below. The first round will close on the 4 December 2021, but we would encourage groups to send in applications as soon as possible.
The trust is aware that the grant size is small, so encourages groups to consider also applying to the Highland Council Ward Discretionary Fund.
Check you fit the criteria:
• Are you a constituted community group, organisation or sports club?
• Are you based in Lochalsh? (Community council areas Kyle, Plockton & District, Lochalsh, Dornie & District, Stromeferry & Achmore, Loch Duich, Glenelg & Arnisdale)
• Does your organisation have its own bank account?
• Has your organisation been affected by Covid-19? (Such as unable to work within your community or fundraise, or you have been providing extra community support)
The grants will prioritise applications that support one or more of:
• Young people
• Older people
• Those with specific needs
• Wellbeing and mental health
If the project does not fit the criteria, groups can apply but decisions will be at the discretion of KLCT. If the group is not constituted and would like to become constituted, please ask KLCT for help or advice.